Child Custody

Can a United States citizen be extradited to the United States from a foreign country for failing to pay child support?

When a person fails to pay court ordered child support a hearing is scheduled in the Family Court to determine if this person is in Contempt of Court. Contempt of Court requires a finding that a person has the ability to comply with a court order and has willfully chosen to disobey it. A person [&he...
Read More

How is Child Support In South Carolina Determined?

When parents of children no longer live together, South Carolina law mandates that both parents shall be financially responsible for raising their children. The amount of each parents financial responsibility is determined by the South Carolina Child Support Guidelines. The South Carolina Child Su...
Read More